Sunday 1 September 2013

Haché - Steak Bavarian


Steak Bavarian - Roquette, beef tomato, sliced sweet sweet red onion, Haché mayo, topped with smoked Bavarian cheese and caramelised onions. £9.95

Gourmet/Dirty: Gourmet

This was my first visit to Haché burgers and I was impressed! I chose the Steak Bavarian - a really good burger if you like smoked cheese. The meat itself was awesome (one of the best tasting patties I've had) and the other fillings worked well together. I like the fact you can choose either a ciabatta or a brioche bun for any burger. The bun was good, although by the end with the caramelised onions did get sickly. On the whole though this is a top burger. Haché could improve their sides - the coleslaw and wedges I had were fine but pub standard - GBK and Byron are ahead of them for this. The menu selection is huge and there are a lot of flavours going on. I'll be back to try the Steak Canadian (sweet cure bacon and cheddar cheese) as I have a feeling that with the quality of the meat here this could be an even better burger than the Bavarian. It's definitely worth checking out one of Haché's four branches. Oh and you get smarties with your bill.

Rating: 
Meat 3/3
Bun 1/2
Fillings 2/2
Package 1/2
Extra point? No
Overall 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment