Saturday 31 August 2013

GBK - The Don


The Don - Bacon aioli, blue cheese, American cheese, onion jam, rocket, mustard mayo, brioche bun. £9.95

Gourmet/Dirty: Gourmet

'Another GBK burger already?' I hear you say. Well as I've mentioned before the GBK app gives rewards and this burger was free. So I couldn't resist heading in for a quick burger fix. The rating will be based on the full price though. I enjoyed this burger - the meat, as ever, was good quality and cooked well. Anyone who likes blue cheese on their burgers/steaks will enjoy this as the flavour is spot on. The rest of the ingredients work well for the overall flavour of the burger. All is going well for The Don; BUT I think the bun, which was a little charred in my case, lets it down somewhat (and I'm usually a champion of the brioche bun). For this burger I think a soft floury bun of the type that Byron use would work better. The brioche bun is too sweet, becoming sickly by the end, and doesn't work with the sharpness of the blue cheese. Nearly a great burger - close but no cigar.

Rating: 
Meat 2/3
Bun 1/2
Fillings 2/2
Package 1/2
Extra point? No
Overall 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment